LOSS - Tampa Bay Buccaneers 20 Green Bay Packers 26
With the loss, the Bucs exceeded their loss total from the previous season. It took all four quarters and more, but in the end Green Bay come away with the victory, topping the Buccaneers 26-20 in overtime.
Tampa Bay started the game with a solid push, sailing against the tide 75 yards for their opening touchdown during the series. It started with tight end Cameron Brate making a spectacular one-handed catch, with third-and-six, on a 28-yard bomb from quarterback Jameis Winston. Having been sidelined with an AC joint injury the past three weeks, Winston was geared for action.
The Buccaneers defense held Green Bay to just a field goal on their ensuing drive. The Packers followed up with a jamaal Williams 1-yard scoring run in the second quarter, and a five-play, 45-yard scoring drive as a result of blocked punt. To end the half, quarterback Jameis Winston took a sack and fumbling the ball. It was recovered and returned 62 yards by Packers’ defensive end Dean Lowry for a touchdown, putting Green Bay up 17-7 with 4:17 left to play in the half.
Before the half expired, Buccaneer kicker Patrick Murray connected on a 36-yard field goal, reducing the Packers’ lead to 17-10 at halftime.
With a fourth quarter score of 17-13, the Buccaneers defense forced a three-and-out, aided by a three-yard tackle for loss by defensive tackle Gerald McCoy on Packers’ running back Jamaal Williams.
The Buccaneers offense pushed 78 yards in 12 plays scoring on a Winston to Brate 11-yard touchdown pass putting Tampa Bay up 20-17 with 6:02 left in the game.
The Buccaneers defense held the Packers on the four-yard line and settling for a field goal due to rookie safety Justin Evans, tackling Packers’ receiver Jordy Nelson for no gain. A Packers 22-yard field-goal evened the score at 20 apiece with 2:01 on the game-clock.
Buccaneers were called for an illegal block in the back on their first play of the drive, backing them up to the Packers 10-yard-line. Winston was sacked on second down and the Buccaneerss would punt the ball away with 55 seconds left on the clock.
The Buccaneers defense once again were on point with another defensive stop forcing the game into overtime.
Green Bay won the toss and elected to receive.
The Packers drove down the field on a 20-yard run by Aaron Jones to end the game with a final score of 26-20 in overtime.
- REFEREE: Terry McAulay
- UMPIRE: Steven Woods
- HEAD LINESMAN: Jerry Bergman
- LINE JUDGE: Tom Stephan
- SIDE JUDGE: Jonah Monroe
- FIELD JUDGE: Michael Banks
- BACK JUDGE: Rich Martinez
- REPLAY OFFICIAL: Earnie Frants
- VIDEO OPERATOR: not documented
- BUCCANEERS: 09:52-1Q Brate 28 pass from Winston (Murray kick)
- PACKERS: 02:30-1Q Crosby FG37
- PACKERS: 07:12-2Q Williams 1 run (Crosby kick)
- PACKERS: 04:17-2Q Lowry 62 fumble return (Crosby kick)
- BUCCANEERS: 00:13-2Q Murray FG36
- BUCCANEERS: 14:31-4Q Murray FG30
- BUCCANEERS: 06:02-4Q Brate 11 pass from Winston (Murray kick)
- PACKERS: 02:01-4Q Crosby FG22
- PACKERS: 5:59-4Q Jones 20 run
- WR: #11 D. Jackson
- TE: #45 A. Cross
- LT: #76 D. Smith
- LG: #64 K. Pamphile
- C: #62 E. Smith
- RG: #73 J. Sweezy
- RT: #77 C. Benenoch
- WR: #13 M. Evans
- TE: #80 O. Howard
- QB: #03 J. Winston
- RB: #25 P. Barber
- DE: #95 R. Russell
- DT: #93 G. McCoy
- DT: #90 C. Baker
- DE: #92 W. Gholston
- MLB: #58 K. Alexander
- WLB: #54 L. David
- CB: #36 R. McClain
- CB: #29 R. Smith
- CB: #24 B. Grimes
- SS: #23 C. Conte
- FS: #21 J. Evans
- 7 Murray, 9 Anger, 10 Humphries, 12 Godwin, 16 Martino, 27 Olatuye, 32 Rodgers, 34 Sims, 35 Elliott, 37 Tandy, 51 Beckwith, 53 Glanton, 59 Bond, 65 Sanborn, 66 Wester, 82 Auclair, 84 Brate, 85 Wilson, 94 Clarke, 96 Siliga.
DID NOT PLAY
- 4 Griffin, 14 Fitzpatrick, 67 Liedtke, 79 O’Connor.
- 22 Martin, 26 Robinson, 28 Hargreaves, 43 Ward, 68 Hawley, 91 Ayers, 98 McDonald.
- BUCCANEERS: Barber 23-102, Rodgers 3-25, Winston 5-18, Sims 3-16, Wilson 1-4.
- PACKERS: Williams 21-113, Hundley 7-66, Jones 1-20.
- BUCCANEERS: Winston 32-21-270-0-2.
- PACKERS: undley 22-13-84-1-0.
- BUCCANEERS: Barber 4-41, Humphries 4-33, Brate 2-39, Sims 2-35, Evans 2-33, Jackson 2-24, Godwin 2-24, Howard 1-17, Cross 1-13, Auclair 1-11.
- PACKERS: Celson 5-17, Adams 4-42, Williams 2-10, Kendricks 1-11, Rodgers 1-4.
- BUCCANEERS: Evans 1-15.
- PACKERS: none.
- BUCCANEERS: Rodgers 1-20.
- PACKERS: Davis 4-121.
- BUCCANEERS: Humphries 3-12.
- PACKERS: Davis 1-2, Whitehead 1-0.
- BUCCANEERS: Clarke 1.5-7, Baker 0.5-0.
- PACKERS: Matthews 2.5-10, Clark 2-11, Lowry 1-14, Ryan 1-1, Daniels 0.5-4.