WON - Tampa Bay Buccaneers 22 Baltimore Ravens 10
***HISTORICAL MARKER*** Aaron Stecker took back the opening kickoff a then-franchise record 86 yards.
After hitting their low point the previous week, Tampa Bay Buccaneers rebounded during Christmas week with a record-setting performance against the visiting Saints. Aaron Stecker took back the opening kickoff a then-franchise record 86 yards, but failed to make the endzone, continuing the Buccaneers' then-streak of never having a kickoff returned for a touchdown. Though he was tackled, the long return was not for naught, as two plays later, Brad Johnson connected with Karl Williams for a 14-yard touchdown, and a lead the Buccaneers never surrendered.
In the first half, Williams, Mike Alstott and Warrick Dunn each scored touchdowns, while Martin Gramatica added three field goals. The Buccaneers took a 30–0 lead into halftime.
The scoring continued into the second half, and the Saints finally got onto the board. With 2 minutes remaining in the game, Ronde Barber intercepted Aaron Brooks pass, and returned it 36 yards for a "icing-on-the-cake" touchdown. Adding a little insult to injury, back-up quarterback Shaun King attempted a two-point conversion, and with its success, the Buccaneers tied the franchise record for most points in a game at 48.
The win improved Tampa Bay's record to 8–6, and put them in control of a wild card spot. One win in the final two games (coupled with an Atlanta loss) would send the Buccaneers to the playoffs.
- REFEREE: Dick Hantak
- UMPIRE: Carl Madsen
- HEAD LINESMAN: George Hayward
- LINE JUDGE: Darryll Lewis
- SIDE JUDGE: Bill Vinovich
- BACK JUDGE: Don Dorkowski
- FIELD JUDGE: Jim Saracino
- REPLAY OFFICIAL: Dale Orem
- VIDEO OPERATOR: Bud Alexander
- BUCCANEERS: 03:29-1Q Brien FG42
- RAVENS: 14:00-2Q Taylor 14 pass from Grbac (Stover kick)
- BUCCANEERS: 07:38-2Q Brien FG38
- BUCCANEERS: 03:58-2Q Brien FG24
- BUCCANEERS: 03:05-2Q Johnson 1 run (Brien kick)
- RAVENS: 13:26-4Q Stover FG24
- BUCCANEERS: 01:35-4Q Alstott 32 run (pass failed)
- WR: #85 R. Anthony
- LT: #67 K. Walker
- LG: #64 R. McDaniel
- C: #62 J. Christy
- RG: #60 C. Coleman
- RT: #71 J. Wunsch
- TE: #83 D. Moore
- WR: #19 K. Johnson
- QB: #14 B. Johnson
- RB: #28 W. Dunn
- FB: #40 M. Alstott
- LE: #78 M. Jones
- NT: #92 A. McFarland
- DT: #99 W. Sapp
- RE: #97 S. Rice
- SLB: #53 S. Quarles
- MLB: #59 J. Duncan
- WLB: #55 D. Brooks
- LCB: #25 B. Kelly
- RCB: #20 R. Barber
- SS: #47 J. Lynch
- FS: #34 D. Jackson
- 3 Royals, 4 Brien, 21 Abraham, 22 Stecker, 26 Smith, 27 Abdullah, 38 Howell, 43 Cook, 46 Gibson, 50 Gooch, 51 Singleton, 52 Webster, 69 Pierson, 75 Washington, 80 Yoder, 81 Green, 84 McDermott, 86 Williams, 94 White, 96 Wyms, 98 Cannida
DID NOT PLAY
- 10 King, 76 Curry
- 1 Hamilton, 7 Gramatica, 65 Hochstein, 68 Grice, 87 Murphy, 88 Wynn, 89 Roberg, 91 Darby
- BUCCANEERS: Alstott 14-80, Dunn 13-47, B Johnson 3-(-1), Anthony 1-(-3).
- RAVENS: Allen 20-74, Williams 5-15, Grbac 1-1.
- BUCCANEERS: B.Johnson 29-13-90-0-0.
- RAVENS: Grbac 37-21-205-2-1.
- BUCCANEERS: K.Johnson 4-29, Moore 3-21, Green 2-18, Dunn 2-14, Alstott 2-8.
- RAVENS: Sharpe 5-38, Taylor 4-51, Allen 4-21, Ismail 3-38, Heap 2-32, Williams 2-12, Gash 1-13.
- BUCCANEERS: Brooks 1-53, Barber 1-6.
- RAVENS: none.
- BUCCANEERS: Stecker 1-35, Abdullah 1-15.
- RAVENS: J.Lewis 5-130, Bobo 1-11.
- BUCCANEERS: Williams 2-46.
- RAVENS: J.Lewis 3-16.
- BUCCANEERS: Jackson 2-11, Rice 1-14, White 1-6, Sapp 0.5-3.5, McFarland 0.5-3.5.
- RAVENS: none.