WON - Tampa Bay Buccaneers 23 New Orleans Saints 13
Looking to secure a playoff spot, the Buccaneers played at New Orleans.
Trailing 3–7 in the second quarter, the Buccaneers took the lead with Josh Freeman completing a 2-yard touchdown pass to Dezmon Briscoe. The Saints tied the game after Garrett Hartley's 45-yard field goal in the third quarter.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers re-took the lead after another field goal, then stretched their lead with Freeman's second touchdown pass of the day. The Saints tried to narrow the gap with Hartley making a 38-yard field goal, but the Buccaneers held on to win.
With the win, the Buccaneers finished with a 10–6 record, but the Green Bay Packers victory over the Chicago Bears later that day gave them the 6th seed due to a strength of victory tie-breaker and eliminated the Buccaneers from playoff contention. This was also tied with the Giants but were eliminated because of Green Bay's tie breaker with them and the Giants.
- REFEREE: Gene Steratore
- UMPIRE: Butch Hannah
- HEAD LINESMAN: Jerry Bergman
- LINE JUDGE: Ron Marinucci
- SIDE JUDGE: Mike Weatherford
- BACK JUDGE: Dino Paganelli
- FIELD JUDGE: Bob Waggoner
- REPLAY OFFICAL: Paul Weldner
- VIDEO OPERATOR: NOT DOCUMENTED
- BUCCANEERS: 9:58-1Q Barth FG43
- SAINTS: 4:41-1Q Graham 4 pass from Brees (Hartley kick)
- BUCCANEERS: 6:40-2Q Briscoe 2 pass from Freeman (Barth kick)
- SAINTS: 10:30-3Q Hartley FG45
- BUCCANEERS: 8:01-3Q Barth FG32
- BUCCANEERS: 2:09-3Q M.Williams 18 pass from Freeman (Barth kick)
- SAINTS: 11:17-4Q Hartley FG38
- BUCCANEERS: 4:01-4Q Barth FG48
- WR: #19 M. Williams
- LT: #70 D. Penn
- LG: #62 T. Larsen
- C: #76 J. Zuttah
- RG: #73 D. Hardman
- RT: #77 J. Lee
- TE: #82 K. Winslow
- WR: #85 M. Stovall
- QB: #05 J. Freeman
- TE: #88 J. Gilmore
- RB: #27 L. Blount
- LE: #96 T. Crowder
- DT: #98 F. Okam
- DT: #90 R. Miller
- RE: #71 M. Bennett
- SLB: #57 A. Hayward
- MLB: #51 B. Ruuds
- WLB: #54 G. Hayes
- LCB: #31 E. Biggers
- RCB: #20 R. Barber
- SS: #26 S. Jones
- FS: #41 C. Lynch
- 1 Malone, 10 Barth, 11 J Johnson, 21 Harris, 22 Asante, 23 Lewis, 24 Williams, 28 Lumpkin, 33 Mack, 44 Lorig, 48 Economos, 50 McKenzie, 53 Koutouvides, 56 Watson, 77 Lee, 80 Purvis, 81 Spurlock, 87 Parker, 89 Briscoe, 91 White, 95 Woods, 97 Magee
DID NOT PLAY
- 60 Carter
- 12 Carpenter, 18 Stroughter, 29 Johnson, 34 Graham, 61 Barker, 67 Johnson, 79 Worthington, 84 Overbay
- BUCCANEERS: Blount 19-66, Freeman 4-11, C.Williams 1-7.
- SAINTS: Bush 9-70, Ivory 7-33, Jones 4-6, Daniel 1-0, Meacham 1-(-3).
- BUCCANEERS: Freeman 26-21- 255-0-2, Spurlock 1-0-0-0-0.
- SAINTS: Brees 38-22-196-1-1, Daniel 3-2-16-0-0.
- BUCCANEERS: C.Williams Briscoe 4-65, M.Williams 4-40, Winslow 3-28, Stovall 2-45, Parker 2-33, Blount 2-2, Lumpkin 1-12, Purvis 1-11, Lorig 1-10, Gilmore 1-9.
- SAINTS: Arrington 7-79, Moore 6-53, Bush 5-55, Graham 2-15, Jones 2-3, Meacham 1-5, Evans 1-2.
- BUCCANEERS: Asante 1-4.
- SAINTS: none
- BUCCANEERS: Spurlock 3-108.
- SAINTS: Henderson 6-142.
- BUCCANEERS: Spurlock 1-4.
- SAINTS: Bush 1-7.
- BUCCANEERS: Miller 1-7, Magee 1-4, Hayes 1-2
- SAINTS: Charleston 1-10, Smith 1-9, Brown 1-3.